All serious students of God’s Word need to know these Christian apologists below. Almost all of them are still busy defending the faith, while a few have died. A few are very old and still carrying out the work. They range from world-renowned Christian philosopher apologists to outstanding professors to internet and radio hosts. While Christian Publishing House does not agree with every teaching of every apologist below, but every one of these apologists has left a major mark with their works and ministries and deserves their place on this list. The highlighted apologists have authored many apologetic books for Christian Publishing House. They are listed in four sets of ten. While the first ten are the leading apologist in the order Christian Publishing House believes they have had the greatest impact; the rest are not necessarily in any specific order. A few brief definitions before the list.
A Word of Caution First
When I say trust but verify or be cautious to people about Christian authors, I do not mean exclusionism, which would exclude some good authors because they have said a few unbiblical things or have made statements that show they are not absolute inerrancy people. William Lane Craig has much great information but has made unbiblical claims about Adam and Eve. Gleason L. Archer is an OT scholar extraordinaire but believes there were other humans before Adam. The same is true of R. A Torrey. Archer has two books that are an absolute must for any apologist. New International Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties and A Survey of Old Testament Introduction (Second Edition). Not to mention the Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament. Craig A. Evans has said things like Jesus did not say all the “I am” statements. But he has MANY great books, like Fabricating Jesus. As you make your list of trusted authors that you feel comfortable recommending to others, you can remove anyone later if they step over the line too many times.
CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS is reaching the hearts of others with the art of reasoning, explaining, proving, persuading, and defending what is biblically true.
PREEVANGELISM is laying a foundation for those who have no knowledge of the Gospel, giving them background information so that they are able to grasp what they are hearing. The Christian evangelist is preparing their mind and heart so that they will be receptive to the biblical truths.
EVANGELISM is the work of a Christian evangelist, of which all true Christians are obligated to partake to some extent, which seeks to persuade other people to become Christian, especially by sharing the basics of the Gospel, but also the deeper message of biblical truths.
- Jesus Christ: The Great Teacher
- The Apostle Paul: The Teacher
- C.S. Lewis: CSLewis.org
- Norm Geisler: normangeisler.net.
- William Lane Craig: Reasonable Faith.org
- Gleason L. Archer Jr.: Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties & A Survey of Old Testament Introduction
- R.C. Sproul: Ligonier Ministries
- Edward D. Andrews [170+ Books]: Author of 170+ Books, CEO Christian Publishing House, Chief Translator of UASV.
- John Lennox: John Lennox.org
- Wayne Grudem: http://www.waynegrudem.com/
- Ronald Nash – Professor Philosophy and Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary
- Greg Koukl: STR.org
- J. Warner Wallace: ColdCaseChristianity.com
- Paul Copan: PaulCopan.com
- Daniel Janosik [1 Book CPH]: Director of Islamic Studies, Adjunct Professor of Apologetics, Historical Theology, and Islamic Studies at Southern Evangelical Seminary
- Lee Strobel: Lee Strobel.com
- F. David Farnell [4 Books CPH]: Professor of New Testament Master’s Seminary
- Josh McDowell: Josh.org
- Dembski, Meyer, Richards, Luskin, Wells: www.Discovery.org
- J.P. Moreland: http://www.jpmoreland.com/
- Gary Habermas: GaryHabermas.com
- Don Wilkins [3 Books CPH]: Senior Translator NASB
- Timothy McGrew: http://historicalapologetics.org/
- Dr. Michael Brown: AskDrBRown.org
- Richard Howe: Richardghowe.com
- Mike Licona: http://www.risenjesus.com/
- Tim Keller: TimothyKeller.com
- Alister McGrath – Oxford professor of theology, author and opponent of new atheism.
- J. Budziszewski: Undergroundthomist.org
- David Limbaugh: http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/
- David K. Clark – apologist with notable books; teaches at Bethel Seminary
- Hugh Ross: Reasons.org
- John Frame – Reformed Theological Seminary; reformed apologist; Van Til expert
- Ryan T. Anderson: The Heritage Foundation
- R. A. Torrey: https://bit.ly/3K6KrlC
- James R White: http://www.aomin.org/aoblog/about/media-bios/
- Kerby Anderson [8 Books CPH]: Probe Ministries; Prolific author
- Matthew J. Slick: CARM.org | Equipping the Saints. Reaching the Lost
- John Warwick Montgomery – perhaps the most famous evidentialist apologist
- Douglas Groothuis – Christian philosopher, author, teacher.
Please Help Us Keep These Thousands of Blog Posts Free for All