Please Help Us Keep These Thousands of Blog Posts Growing and Free for All
NOTE: This article is not to appease anyone but God and the truth. Some information will make some happy and anger others. Other information herein will make the opposite people happy and anger the others. I am not a doctor, I am not a scientist, I am a Christian apologist Bible scholar who is beholden to no one but God.
The Democratic Party in the United States that cast doubt on these vaccines when Trump was President now, are screaming, “Vaccines are 100% safe!” Some fringe conservatives are saying, “Vaccines are dangerous!” Who is correct?
COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective when compared to other drugs that have long been taken. 162 million people (42.9%) in the United States have received COVID-19 vaccines under the most intense safety monitoring in American history. There have been 3.73 billion doses worldwide, 1.03 billion fully vaccinated, 13.2 percent.
Is it truly that significant of a risk to just choose not to participate? Can we really know these vaccines are safe?
Let’s be accurate and honest here. This article does not have time nor the space to give you the data for you to make an informed decision. But the data is out there on the internet. We would be dishonest if we did not state that there are radicals on both sides of the issue, so getting to balanced information is a bit tricky. China, the World Health Organization, the liberal news media, Hollywood, and the Democratic Party in the United States has been dispensing misinformation. Some on the extreme right has been doing so as well.
- I cannot, in good faith, recommend the Chinese vaccination medication. That would be like trusting the person who punched you in the face, or giving money to the person who assaulted you. As the dishonest originators who still conceal information and misinform the world, they cannot be trusted. Sinovac, for example, is just above 50% effectiveness.
- I would recommend using Pfizer (96% effective) and Moderna (92.1% effective) because they are the most effective.
- I would not highly recommend Johnson & Johnson at this time because (1) it has 66.3% effectiveness overall and 74.4% effectiveness in the United States, and (2) it has had some very minor issues with bad reactions to the drug.
- The elderly should be vaccinated.
- Anyone 40 and older should be vaccinated. Anyone with preexisting conditions (obese, smoker, unhealthy, diabetes, etc.) from 20-40 should get vaccinated.
- Young persons from 20-30 who are in great health with no preexisting conditions must consider the data about enlarged hearts (cardiomegaly).
- Children to young adult (2-18) should not rush to be vaccinated if they are in great health and have no preexisting conditions. They, too, must consider the data about enlarged hearts (cardiomegaly).
- School students that have had COVID and vaccination should not be forced to wear masks to school. Really, no student should. The damage it does to the child wearing a mask 8 hours a day five days a week is nothing to ignore.
- Do your online searches with … https://duckduckgo.com/
Can Christians Accept The COVID-19 Vaccines?
The Bible’s answer
Yes. Jesus indicated that his disciples can seek medical care by his saying that “Those who are healthy do not have need of a physician, but those who are sick.” (Matthew 9:12, LEB) It is true that the Bible is not some medical textbook. However, like all aspects of life, it does give us principles that can guide us through this imperfect world and to maintain a Good standing before God.
Questions to ask yourself
- Do I comprehend the recommended medication? The Bible tells us that we should scrutinize the data and dig for trustworthy information as opposed to putting “believe every word.” – Proverbs 14:15.
- Should I wait until the drugs have been FDA recommended or final studies come in sometime in 2022?—Proverbs 15:22.
- Does the medication in any way violate the moral values of the Bible? – Isaiah 44:24; 64:8; Psalm 139:13-16; Jeremiah 1:5.
- Am I taking in information from the radical left or the radical right on COVID-19? The apostle Paul says: “Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.” (Philippians 4:5) Being reasonable and rational will help you to focus in on the most accurate data. – James 3:17; Romans 12:1.
Does God Care Whether We Get Vaccinated?
The Bible is not a medical textbook. Furthermore, it does not manage every type of human behavior. Nevertheless, you can be greatly helped by following God’s view of health that is found in the bible.
The apostle Paul informs us that any sickness that we might have in our lifetime is the outcome of Adam’s rebellion against the sovereignty of God. (Romans 5:12) In the Garden of Eden, prior to Adam’s rebellion, Adam and Eve had perfect health. We have inherited sin, sickness, old age, and death from Adam and Eve. Hence, notwithstanding all attempts to defeat human illnesses, we still get sick. The Bible is clear that we can seek out medical care if it does not violate the moral values found in his Word.
Does the Bible Infer that We Should Not Be Vaccinated?
God permitted healthcare persons to work among his people in Bible times. (Genesis 38:28; Colossians 4:14) You cannot find and place in the Bible where God was bothered with the use of medicinal plants, balms, food diets, and other health treatments. As was mentioned earlier, Jesus stated that “Those who are healthy do not have need of a physician, but those who are sick.” (Matthew 9:12). However, the Bible does not support the pursuit of healthcare regardless of how it is carried out. For instance, the Bible does not support the modern-day use of faith healing by charismatics. And remedies that involve spiritualistic practices are not supported by God. (Galatians 5:19-21) the Bible does not support abortions. Apart from methods that the Bible denounces, the reasonable and rational thing to do when confronted with illnesses would be to inquire about appropriate healthcare after doing research on the best options, if that is your choice.
However, most of the vaccinations mentioned above do not conflict with Bible principles. Hence, the individual decision is required. One Christian might decide to accept Moderna as treatment, while another Christian might refuse Moderna and go for Pfizer. (Galatians 6:5) I, the author of this article, and my wife have had both Pfizer shots and are just fine. The known symptoms are (1) Tiredness. (2) Headache. (3) Muscle pain. (4) Chills. (5) Fever. (6) Nausea. I had some (1) Tiredness. (2) a couple of Headaches. No (3) Muscle pain. (4) No Chills. (5) No Fever. (6) No Nausea.
COVID-19 Vaccine Overview
As vaccines to prevent COVID-19 roll out, get the latest news, updates, and the information you need about how the vaccines work, how they’re getting distributed, and safety and side effects. U.S. DOSES DISTRIBUTED 391,248,955 U.S DOSES ADMINISTERED 339,102,867.—WebMD.com. July 21, 2021 – Less than seven months after the first needle went into the first arm to deliver the first COVID-19 vaccine to a 90-year-old grandmother in the United Kingdom, the world celebrated the 1 billionth dose of coronavirus-blocking vaccine this weekend. (WebMD.com) Can the vaccine cause other side effects? Yes. The FDA says common side effects, in Pfizer’s clinical trial involving some 44,000 people, included pain where they got the shot, fatigue, headache, chills, fever, and joint and muscle pain. (WebMD.com)
Over 339 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 21, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 3,848 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified, and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS. – Last Updated Apr. 27, 2021 Content source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), Division of Viral Diseases.
Did the Bible foretell the Black Death, Spanish Influenza, AIDS, or Covid-19?
The Bible does not foretell explicit pandemics, such as the Spanish Influenza of 1918, AIDS of the 1980s, or COVID-19 of 2020. But it does foretell “pestilences.” (Luke 21:11; Revelation 6:8) These pestilences are just one part of the sign of “the last days,” and “the sign of [Jesus] coming and of the end of the age.” (2 Timothy 3:1; Matthew 24:3). But let’s not rush to any conclusions because the Black Death killed an estimated 25 million people, almost a third of the continent’s population. The Black Death lingered for centuries, particularly in cities. Outbreaks included the Great Plague of London (1665-66), in which 70,000 residents died.
Are There Times When God Has punished People with Sickness?
Yes, there are a few occasions in a 4,000+ year history of the Bible times: Adam to the Apostle John’s death in 100 A.D. when God used sickness to punish people. For example, he brought about leprosy to punish some. (Numbers 12:1-16; 2 Kings 5:20-27; 2 Chronicles 26:16-21) Nevertheless, these extremely rare occurrences and were not random pandemics that spread to infect innocent people. Rather, these few cases was explicit judgments on people who had openly rebelled against God. Again, let’s not think in the extreme, since the close of the Bible canon in 100 A.D., some 2,000 years ago, God no longer uses sickness in that way.
The balanced conclusion here is that love of neighbor should motivate us to get the COVID-19 vaccination if our Christian conscience moves us to do so and the above factors have been considered.