THE GOSPEL OF LUKE IN THE UASV IS FINALLY TRANSLATED
- Apologies but the Bible in Daily Devotionals is important too. When we hit a mile marker, let’s celebrate an check out the translation behind the Devotionals.
- I now have 23 of 27 NT books completed. See the link below!
- We are almost done with the final four: Acts, 1 & 2 Corinthians, and Revelation.
- William Tyndale said of translating, “in a thousand places thou needest not but to translate it into the English, word for word.” Yes, true to a degree but it is not found in that thousand places. I have gotten hung up on a word choice, a phrase, a verse that has taken two hours to make my decision.
- The Gospel of Luke has been the most difficult NT book to translate so far.
Our primary purpose is to give the Bible readers what God said by way of his human authors, not what a translator thinks God meant in its place.—Truth Matters! Our primary goal is to be accurate and faithful to the original text. The meaning of a word is the responsibility of the interpreter (i.e., reader), not the translator.—Translating Truth!
Please Help Us Keep These Thousands of Blog Posts Growing and Free for All